3/02/2014

Moulin Rouge review

A few days ago, I decided to finally watch the musical Moulin Rouge with my sister, my mom has been begging me to do it for ages. And I was really surprised.
My mom and I have quite different taste in movies, but I have to admit that I absolutely loved this one.

I don't want to sound overly bombastic, but Moulin Rouge is without a doubt the best film I've seen all year, perhaps one of the best movies I've seen in my life. Why you ask? Well simply because it's different. Everything about it is over the top, every scene more stunning than the next, and as it goes on your heart becomes more and more intertwined in the unique love story. Although here are lots of references to sex (it takes place in a brothel), but there is no nudity, and it has one of the best messages I have ever seen in a movie. I would recommend it to anyone.

All the performances were absolutely incredible, particularly Nicole Kidman's and Ewan McGreggor's. They're one of the most passionate on-screen couple, I truly felt for these two people and I think that their voices compliment each other and the story perfectly.

Visually, it is just superb. Moulin Rouge glitters. It is a sumptuous feast for ear and eye with its gorgeous costumes, creative sets, and outlandishly choreographed dance numbers.

The story is not only about love, but it's also about loss. My heart broke into a million pieces in the last scene. As I said before, the message is really powerful, I rarely cry in front of movies, but I did when I watched this one, a lot.

To sum up, I'd say that Moulin Rouge isn't just a movie. It's a masterpiece. The story, the music, the acting, the visual imagery struck emotion in me in a way I never thought possible from a film. Yes, the story is sad, but what a journey it takes you on! A journey I will be sure to repeat over and over and over again.





No comments:

Post a Comment

 
site design by designer blogs